Saturday, January 31, 2015

project 52: week 21

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.

Bright light on the city.
My new favorite sunset spot.
Taken just a little bit to the right of the picture above.
What's New?
Recently my walking-buddy and I stumbled upon another great sunset view on our weekly walk. There are many great viewpoints in Seattle, due to all of the hills that make up this city. We've been walking pretty regularly for months, but we usually stick to the same couple routes. Last Sunday we ventured off the regular path a bit and discovered a great viewpoint just as the sun was setting - we couldn't have timed it better if we tried. This weekend we're heading back to that spot with the hopes of another stunning view.

Currently Reading
  • The Fifth Sacred Thing by Starhawk
  • Water by Virginia Bergin

On the Needles
Since I didn't have the mental energy to start a new project, or to work on the complicated Geology shawl, I picked up my Hue Shift Afghan (which I began in late 2013) again and brought it to last week's knitting group. It's a simple, mindless knit. The blanket is a series of mitered squares knit up into four panels which will then be sewn together and finished with a boarder. The beauty of it is that each panel, while consisting of 25 individual squares, is knit up together in one piece. Basically after a square you keep stitches on the needle, pick up new stitches, and continue knitting. So the only seaming will be the four large panels. I have one panel complete, and I'm almost finished with the second.

Looking Forward To
  1. Submitting my ProCert tonight
  2. Astronomy meet & greet

0 comments:

Post a Comment