Saturday, January 3, 2015

project 52: week 17

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.

I'm a sucker for a view that involves water, a ferry or two, and the mountains
Someone made a Christmas tree out of sand dollars.
Whenever I see two crows together, I always think Huginn & Muninn.


What's New?
Kristi and I revived our weekly walks over break. By my calendar, it's been since September since we last walked. Yikes! Once school starts, and the weather changes, it becomes easier and easier to say "not this weekend" or "I'm too busy." But every time I go on a walk with her, it's both physically and mentally invigorating.

I've been furiously checking things off the to-do list in anticipation of going back to work and having no time again. So far...

:: thank-you cards addressed, stamped, and ready for thoughtful notes
:: house cleaned up and put together as much as possible
:: new batch of library books picked up
:: next week's dinners planned, groceries procured, food prepped
:: bus card re-loaded, alarms re-set

Currently Reading
  • A Field Guide to Now by Christina Rosalie - finished last night!
  • Lasher by Anne Rice

On the Needles
I have two projects on the needles: geology shawl and pedestrian cowl. Although I love the yarn for the pedestrian cowl, I don't like how the colors pool with that pattern. I think I'm going to frog it and make something else instead - maybe Purl Soho's bandana cowl.

I rearranged furniture over break, which included moving some shelves into the office next to my desk so that I can better organize my stuff. Turns out that since I didn't have a good place to put things I ended up squirreling things away in various nooks and crannies. I discovered many half-finished projects that I had completely forgotten about, or had simply not known their current whereabouts. I'm going to work on finishing those projects during the month of January so that in February I can make new plans.

Looking Forward To
  1. Skyping with family
  2. Seeing the kids try on their knitted winter hats

0 comments:

Post a Comment