Saturday, January 24, 2015

project 52: week 20

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.

I took my 6th graders to Green Lake for a sit-spot this week. It was a beautiful day.
From my walk last weekend - vibrant moss along the bridge near my house.
What's New?
Not a whole lot. Joe and I cleaned all the things last weekend, played trivia with friends (our team won!), and I failed to take the bus even once this week. I think I'm stressed out over this ProCert re-submission, which is almost complete.

Currently Reading
I finally finished Lasher, and I think I'll wait to read the third book, if at all. While I enjoyed the story, I think I need to read something else for awhile. I picked up The Fifth Sacred Thing again, after putting it down for awhile. I'm having a hard time with some of the aspects of the world*, but I still find the general story interesting, so I'm going to see if I can let go of my doubt enough to enjoy the book.

*So, there's plenty of science (this is the future after all), but there's also magic, and this takes place in San Francisco, not some made-up place on a made-up world. Also, everyone seems to be bisexual and in open relationships, with no perceivable issues (jealousy, fights, confusion, hurt feelings). I don't have a problem with either of those two things, but I don't believe for a second that everyone in this society would embrace both. I just don't think it's realistic.

On the Needles
I haven't picked up a single project all week. I think once February starts (and my ProCert has been submitted) there will be a flurry of knitting!

Looking Forward To
  1. knitting group at the coffeehouse - but what will I work on?!?

0 comments:

Post a Comment