Saturday, January 17, 2015

project 52: week 19

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.

These ducks were making the most amusing sounds!

Green Lake at sunset.
What's New?
Not much new here. I'm on the home stretch for my ProCert submission, which is due at the end of the month. I have many things I'd like to do, but I'm putting them off until the ProCert is complete. A few things I'm looking forward to having time to do:

:: fix the fingerless gloves I'm knitting for Joe
:: play around with the iPad and figure out how to use the Plickers app
:: clear off my sewing/craft desk so I can work on creative things
:: bake cookies (seriously, sometimes it's the little things)

Currently Reading
  • Lasher by Anne Rice
  • On Bicycles by Amy Walker - a collection of essays about bike culture organized into four parts: reasons for biking, a how-to involving the different types of gear, bicycle community, and working toward creating a more bike-friendly culture.
  • The Rain by Virginia Bergin - a YA novel that my school's librarian recommended for me. This has been my bus read this month, and I'm definitely enjoying it so far (although it is a dystopia that involves a killer disease transported by the rain, and I live in Seattle...)

On the Needles
I've started a hat for Joe that is a version of the ear-flap garter stitch hat I knit for the kids. The version I knit for the kids has a somewhat pointy top with a small pom. Joe wanted a more 'normal' round top, so I'm improvising. This is a rather mindless knit that's perfect for bus rides.

Looking Forward To
  1. being finished with my ProCert entry - this has been one very long process!

0 comments:

Post a Comment