Sunday, January 19, 2014

the bad and the good


when times are tough, cute kitties help
What's New?
January has been a bit of a doozy so far. I wasn't sure if I wanted to write about it here, since I try to keep this space positive, but it's been on my mind constantly. On the 6th there were two traffic accidents in my extended family. My brother was rear-ended resulting in no serious injuries thankfully, but his car is totaled. Health-wise my brother is going to be fine, but having to unexpectedly replace a car is stressful. On the same day my uncle was hit by an unlicensed and uninsured driver while he was on his motorcycle and he is still in the hospital in stable but critical condition. There is a fund set up online to help pay for his medical bills since the other driver does not have insurance. In the first two days they've raised over $6,000!

On a more positive note I'm working on my January goals, and trying to find something that makes me happy each day. Work is still extremely busy and full of meetings, so I'm trying to practice mindfulness daily so I don't get overwhelmed with the demands and stress of my job.

Currently Reading
  • A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin - finished this re-read last night
  • A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin

On the Needles
I've finished the last couple details on Mom's fingerless gloves and soon they'll be in the mail! Next up is a honey cowl for me. I started it last night and I think this will be the perfect bus knit - a simple and mindless pattern on circular needles that I can easily work on even through all the bumps and distractions of a bus commute.

Mom's gloves, finished!
Looking Forward To:
  1. playing board games with some new friends

0 comments:

Post a Comment