Friday, January 10, 2014

fresh start

What's New?
This past week was back to work for both of us. It was very hard to adjust to 5am wake-up again, but we managed. It helps to have breakfasts and lunches ready the night before, and the coffee maker full of water and grounds (thanks Mom for the mini Keurig machine!). We've fallen into a routine where breakfast is either bagel and egg sandwiches or breakfast muffins and hard-boiled eggs. This week was the latter, so the evening prep consisted of me peeling two eggs the night before so my tired brain and fumbling fingers didn't have to attempt that task at 5am.

I've also resumed my monthly pen-pal duties. Christmas 2012 I sewed a letter-writing pouch for my nephew and filled it with pre-stamped and pre-addressed envelopes and "special" paper. Daniel and I have been pen-pals ever since. In the fall I kept forgetting when it was my turn, so I've added a calendar reminder to help me out. I also pre-addressed and stamped some postcards so they are ready to go.

Currently Reading
  • A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin (re-reading on my Kindle and enjoying the fact that I can highlight and add notes - I'm still trying to figure out some of the prophecies from the House of the Undying)

On the Needles
I've almost finished the first glove for Mom. I'm learning how to add a picot edge while knitting in the round, so it's slower going than most glove patterns. But it's always good to learn a new knitting skill.

I bought a blanket kit in November and I've just finished the first quarter panel. I think I'll set that project aside for a bit while I finish Mom's gloves and start my honey cowl.

Looking Forward To:
  1. going on a tour of the temporary building my school will move into this summer for the next two years while our new-new building is finished

0 comments:

Post a Comment