Saturday, March 7, 2015

project 52: week 26

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.


What's New?
Spring is here! Not officially, but practically. Flowers are blooming, temperatures are rising, and the local mountains are bereft of snow. Last week I enjoyed a very different kind of walk with my friend Kristi. Usually we follow a predictable path but last week we decided to do something different. We walked around her neighborhood instead of mine, stopping at open houses to check out the local real estate market. Since this is Seattle, pretty much all walking routes involve hills, so I feel that we got an equal workout while enjoying different scenery.

Currently Reading
  • The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
  • The Winter Pony by Iain Lawrence
  • Rare Encounters with Ordinary Birds by Lyanda Lynn Haupt

On the Needles
I picked up my Geology Shawl again, after many months of neglect. I worried that I wouldn't be able to figure out where I left off, but thankfully my notes were clear enough that it wasn't a problem. I'm trying to finish up some works in progress to clear out my queue and reclaim that energizing feeling of accomplishment - sort of a spring cleaning for knitting projects.

Looking Forward To
  1. indoor rock climbing

0 comments:

Post a Comment