Saturday, February 28, 2015

project 52: week 25

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.


What's New?
Well, I completely missed week 23 & 24, breaking my streak of posting once a week. I tried to get a post out early for week 23 since we flew to Virginia to visit family that weekend, but it didn't happen. And last week I was home with a cold, not feeling like myself. Oh well.

We had a whirlwind trip to Virginia that included snow, board games, card games, little ones underfoot, new puppies, and lots of laughter and hugs. We got to meet our youngest nephew who was born a month after our last visit. We managed to spend time with the whole big group, as well as individuals. I visited a local yarn store with my mom and cousin where I bought yarn for my cousin's next baby. There was talk of next visits, dreams shared, and plans made - I can't wait to go back.

Currently Reading
I finished The Rain (my copy's title is H2O) by Virginia Bergin on the plane and started reading the very first issue of Taproot. I ordered the first year collection awhile back, but haven't had a chance to begin. My bedtime reading has been split between Rare Encounters with Ordinary Birds by Lyanda Lynn Haupt (a re-read) and The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo.

On the Needles
I just finished a modified Honey Cowl using one skein of Tosh Vintage in the Steam Age colorway.

Looking Forward To
  1. getting back into my weekly walking habit

0 comments:

Post a Comment