Saturday, March 14, 2015

project 52: week 27

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.

So, this happened the other day. I have not been taking pictures at all lately. Gotta fix that.
What's New?
I've been working on my school blog lately. It's nowhere near finished, but I'm starting to see the fruits of my labor, and I think it'll be really great for the next school year. I've been working on making separate pages for each unit with helpful links and resources. I'll also have a calendar page where I can update assignments and due dates. I can easily update it daily (ha! maybe twice weekly - let's be real) with what's happening in the classroom. I've tried to use the district-provided online space, but it's just not intuitive for me, and many parents have expressed similar feelings. I have a good feel for blogger and think that it'll be the best solution for me.

Currently Reading
Last night I finished The Winter Pony by Iain Lawrence and cried. Such a sad story! But very well-written and definitely worth the read.

On the Needles
My geology shawl is coming along nicely. I'm on the 4th section, which is very geometric and therefor easy to knit while doing other things, like watching tv. The 3rd section was lace, and I'm not great and memorizing or reading lace patterns. I think I'll be able to finish it in a week or two.

Looking Forward To
  1. visiting Portland

0 comments:

Post a Comment