Saturday, March 21, 2015

project 52: week 28

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.



What's New?
I spent three days in Portland for a tech conference. I learned so many things that I'm very excited to try out in my classroom. I also shopped at Powell's for the first time, ate at the Deschutes Brewery, bought Voodoo Donuts, explored Mississippi Avenue, rode the Max, and just generally enjoyed the spring-like weather.

Currently Reading
I finished The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo this week. I'm motivated to go through her suggested steps to pare down my possessions. I've always been a bit of a hoarder, but I've found a sense of relief every time I drop off donations at Goodwill. I started slowly working on eliminating excess stuff last year, but I think it's time to ramp it up. Spring break will likely turn into 'sort and donate all the stuff' week. I'm ready.

On the Needles
I finished the fourth section of my geology shawl while at the Portland tech conference. I didn't have nearly as much time available for knitting as I thought, which actually means that the conference was very engaging. Not a bad problem to have.

Looking Forward To
  1. baking sourdough bread
  2. knitting at the coffee shop

0 comments:

Post a Comment