Saturday, May 2, 2015

project 52: week 34

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.


What's New?
Last week, while taking our normal walking path through the ravine, Kristi and I were greeted by two big changes. A neighbor has been cleaning up the path for months. Last week, however, we were delighted to find that the beginning of the path had been covered in wood chips. It looks so nice now, and the wood chips help with the inevitable mud puddles we get here in rainy Seattle. The other surprise was that sign saying "all dopers, you're being watched." Ha! I wish I knew who was responsible for all the work along that path - I'd love to help them take care of it. It's a relatively unknown path that cuts through a short ravine connecting two residential streets. The path starts at the end of my dead-end street and lets out on a narrow, hilly street that winds down to the beach.

Currently Reading
  • A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
  • Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

On the Needles
Working slowly, but steadily, on my newest honey cowl. I took it to my knitting group last week, and inspired another knitter there to add that pattern to her queue.

Looking Forward To
  1. Swedish springtime party
  2. more fossil sorting

0 comments:

Post a Comment