Saturday, May 23, 2015

project 52: week 37

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.



What's New?
I attended a walk-out with my colleagues across the city in protest of our state's lack of funding for basic education and follow-through on voter-backed legislation (smaller class-sizes & a COLA).

With a long three-day weekend ahead of me, I've made a list of things I hope to do in order to fill my bucket. This time of year is extremely stressful for educators, and anything I can do to keep myself centered is definitely worth the effort. With that in mind, this weekend I hope to...

:: plant something (anything) in my long-neglected raised beds
:: sew one or more Wiksten tanks to add to my collection (I have two fabrics ready to go)
:: walk with Kristi
:: knit at the coffee house
:: visit EMP's Star Wars exhibit

Of course there are plenty more things that I need to do that will fill my time this weekend, but I find it helps me to focus on the things that bring me joy. There are now only sixteen more days of school. While that number seems quite small (and it is) it nevertheless feels very long. There are just so many things that need to fit into those sixteen days!

Currently Reading
I finished Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, and am now on to The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert

On the Needles
Once school is out, I'm planning on starting another shawl. This one will be Earth and Sky by Stephen West made from my newly acquired Madeline Tosh pashmina yarn in warm denim, astrid grey, and victorian gothic.

Looking Forward To
  1. time to re-charge

0 comments:

Post a Comment