Saturday, May 30, 2015

project 52: week 38

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.

Two more Wiksten Tanks, this time in linen.
Garden beds ready for planting.
What's New?
I finished two more Wiksten Tanks, bringing my total to 4: the two newest are neutral colors, while the other two are bold colors. I'm very excited about these handmade pieces and I've worn them a few times already. One thing I noticed after finishing the last two is that the back of the tank is low enough that I can wear them to the DIG School without getting sunburned. We spend so much time at the DIG School bent over on our hands and knees looking for fossils on the ground. Last year I noticed that all of my shirts, while seeming long when standing straight up, rode up just enough to expose a thin sliver of skin to the beating sun creating a thin and awkward sunburn.

Last weekend I bought some plants for my garden, but I didn't have enough time to get them in the ground. This week was far too busy to accomplish that in my evening hours, but I hope to do some gardening this weekend. I started my garden plans way too late for seeds this year, so I went with what was available at the nursery. I came home with snap peas, tomatoes, rosemary, lavender, and a few other small herbs.

Currently Reading
I'm in the middle of The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert, which I am enjoying greatly.

Looking Forward To
  1. picking strawberries?

0 comments:

Post a Comment