Saturday, December 27, 2014

project 52: week 16

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.

Putting together one of my presents!
Cookies and candy - mostly homemade, some from the store, all yummy and good.
Our newest decoration - a darling little crocheted tree!
What's New?
We celebrated the holidays very quietly around here. The decorations stayed pretty much in their box, there was minimal baking, and I didn't listen to too much Christmas music. Amidst all that there wasn't, I must admit that there was still happiness. I didn't, it turns out, ruin Christmas.

It's okay that we didn't make cut-out cookies - our friends Tony & Alex sent us some of theirs (and that adorable crocheted tree!).

It's okay that I didn't decorate our wreath with ornaments - Joe's Aunt Marya and Uncle Alex sent us a new one that we can put up next year.

It's okay that I didn't get the kids' presents in the mail on time - it turns out that they won't be all together until January after all.

It's okay that we didn't light candles.

It's okay that we didn't drive around and look at lights.

It's okay.

Sometimes I need to step back and remind myself that no one is keeping score.

Currently Reading
  • A Field Guide to Now by Christina Rosalie
  • Lasher by Anne Rice

On the Needles
Recently off the needles is a Habitat hat for my friend. This is the first hand-knit I've ever made her, and I can't wait to see her reaction. And on the needles is the third of my three fingering-weight shawls for this year. This last one is called geology and is knit up in brown. It works up to look like rock layers.

Looking Forward To
  1. soaking up one last week of break!
  2. Skyping with the kids

0 comments:

Post a Comment