Saturday, December 13, 2014

project 52: week 14

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.




What's New?
The energy at school this past week has been very frantic, and very high. I'm a little apprehensive of how the kiddos will be next week. But this is not my first rodeo, as they say, and I know it'll all turn out. The kids are just as excited about winter break as I am.

I pushed myself to ride the bus all week so that I could get some much-needed knitting done, and also to help preserve my sanity. No matter how strange or obnoxious the other bus riders are, it's still so much easier on my tired brain than driving in rush-hour traffic. Since I rode all five days this past week, I treated myself to a Starbucks holiday latte Friday morning on my walk from the bus stop to my school. I'm going to try to ride the bus all of next week, too. I think buying a skein of yarn from the local yarn store near my school would be good motivation to ride all five days.

I've been trying to be very mindful of my surroundings these days. I know it's easy to get consumed by responsibilities, projects, work, and well... stress. But there's something magical in the changing of the seasons, and all the cultural accompaniments that they entail. Lately that's manifested in paying close attention to all the twinkly lights going up around town. I notice them as I drive, and much more as I walk. The third picture is an early-morning attempt to photograph a house I pass by each morning on my way to work. Apparently I moved the camera before it was finished capturing the image, but I think it still looks interesting.

Currently Reading
I'm at 96% in my book... I just need more time to read. I might not finish before winter break. Things are just getting too hectic right now.

On the Needles
Finishing up the last two hats for my nephews. I started the last two and have been saving the double-point needle part for this weekend. It's just too hard to do that on the bus, at least to do it well.

Looking Forward To
  1. winter break

0 comments:

Post a Comment