Saturday, November 29, 2014

project 52: week 12

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.

Flannel fabric and library movies.
Friday was filled with ironing, pinning and cutting.
I tried to make my pie look pretty with tiny leaf cookie cutters. I'll try again next year.
What's New?
After a low-key Thanksgiving dinner with my husband and in-laws, I started on my sewing projects for this year's holiday gifting. I set out to make pajama pants for all four kiddos this year. So while Joe was at work Friday I put on Lee Daniel's The Butler (excellent movie!) and starting ironing, measuring, pinning, and cutting. By the time I went to bed I was probably only halfway finished. I decided to use some coordinating solid flannel for the cuffs, so Saturday morning I headed back to the fabric store. I hope to finish sewing this weekend before heading back to work.

Currently Reading
I'm almost three-quarters of the way through Anne Rice's The Witching Hour.

On the Needles
I finished the second of four holiday hats for the kids. Now I need to decide on colors for the next one so I can cast on and get started. I think I'm going to continue the trend and knit all four hats from the same pattern.

Looking Forward To
  1. Urban Craft Uprising


0 comments:

Post a Comment