Tuesday, August 3, 2010

beet pizza

I found some beets in my CSA box this week, and wasn't sure what to do with them. I've cooked beets before, as part of my desert tortoise's food, but I had never eaten them myself (as far as I can remember). So I decided to give them a try. Only problem was that I had no idea how to prepare them.



So I headed over to the Pioneer Woman's food blog, Tasty Kitchen, and searched for "beet." What I found, among other recipes, was the bloody beet and goat cheese pizza. This seemed a no-brainer. I love pizza. I love roasted garlic. I love goat cheese. Seemed a good way to introduce my taste-buds to beets.



Besides, cut beets are so pretty, don't you think?



Anyway, I modified the recipe a bit. We like to make our pizza dough in the bread machine instead of by hand. It's still tasty, but that way I can prepare the toppings while the bread machine takes care of the dough. And, bread machine pizza dough turns out well every time, whereas pizza dough by my hands sometimes is a flop. I also didn't pay attention to the amount of goat cheese that the recipe called for. I just added cheese until I was satisfied. Here's the finished product:



The roasted garlic and goat cheese was a great combination. The beets added a sweet touch that I enjoyed. I'd definitely consider making this combo again.





0 comments:

Post a Comment