Saturday, July 11, 2015

project 52: week 44

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.


What's New?
I dragged my dining table and chairs outside in order to get a few pictures. That same day, a nice young man came by to pick them up. That's it - they now belong to someone else. Part of me is sad. I have fond memories involving that table, but the truth is that we haven't had space for it since we moved into this apartment four years ago. Yikes. A small kitchen island is getting picked up today by another stranger, and next week I'm going to list our small loveseat. After reading Marie Kondo's book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, I've been itching to get rid of superfluous things in my life. It's hard, each time I watch something that's been a fixture in my life go away. But afterwards I feel a weight off my shoulders. It's a good thing.

Currently Reading
  • The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell
  • Grounded by Megan Morrison

On the Needles
So much is on the needles right now that I'm going to share pictures in a separate post. I'm mostly working on my Earth & Sky shawl and my Wood Hollow Vest, but there are a few other projects sitting on the needles that I pick up now and again, like my Hue Shift Afghan.

Looking Forward To
  1. berries from the farmer's market
  2. bouldering

0 comments:

Post a Comment