Monday, July 13, 2015

on the needles

Earth & Sky

Pattern: Earth & Sky by Stephen West
Yarn: Madeline Tosh Pashmina in worn denim, victorian gothic, astrid grey
Notes: This is my summer splurge knit. I seem to average three skeins of Tosh each year. Last year they ended up as three separate mini shawls. This year, I'm going big.


Wood Hollow Vest

Pattern: Wood Hollow Vest by Kirsten Kapur
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash in celery heather
Notes: I frogged my tea leaves sweater, since it never really fit well, and am using the yarn to make this vest. I've started this project three times. Once as written, the second time attempting to knit it in the round, and this third time (third time's the charm?) again as written. I really want to be able to wear this vest this autumn, which is my motivation to knit it up so quickly.


Hue Shift Afghan

Pattern: Hue Shift Afghan by Kerin Dimeler-Laurence
Yarn: Knit Picks Brava Sport (purchased as a kit)
Notes: I started this afghan in 2013 (yikes!) and am finally started the third block. Once all four blocks are complete, they are sewn together and the edge stitches are picked up in order to knit a border. This is a really good TV knit, since it's all knit stitches, the center decrease is easy, and the pattern is repetitive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment