Saturday, July 4, 2015

project 52: week 43

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.






What's New?
It's been hot in Seattle. Very hot. And the forecast calls for more hot for as far as the eye can see. Maybe by this coming Friday it'll cool down to 80 degrees. It's been in the 90's during the days and barely getting down to the low 60's at night. It's hard to keep my apartment cool. My cats are melting. Forget about cooking, baking, or canning. Pass the sushi, please.

We spent the middle of this week camping at Penrose State Park, where we were able to enjoy a low-low tide. I've never been camping in such heat before, with a burn-ban, no less. Although cooking everything on the camp stove was interesting (did we attempt s'mores on the stove? oh yes, of course we did!), I honestly can't say I missed the fire. Sure, I miss the ritual of a fire, but I don't imagine we would have been sitting very close. It was just too darn hot.

In response to all this heat plus The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo I spent yesterday cleaning up and organizing our storage room. The storage is in the basement of our apartment building, so it's the coolest place to be. I've made piles to donate, recycled tons of unnecessary cardboard, and moved things around so that we can actually see what's in there. It used to be a jungle of boxes and things stacked willy-nilly on awkwardly placed shelves and often on the floor. Now the shelves line one wall, the floor area is clean and open, and we are on our way to owning less stuff.

Currently Reading
  • The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell
  • Grounded by Megan Morrison

On the Needles
My Wood Hollow Vest is ready for armhole shaping and neck shaping. Which means that now I need to really pay attention to the pattern so I don't mess it up.

My Earth & Sky shawl hasn't really started yet. I need to pick up another needle sizing gauge from my LYS since I can't seem to find mine. I have a bunch of inherited metal circular needles that are probably the right size, but they are not labeled like my wood circular needles are.

Looking Forward To
  1. the next CSA box

0 comments:

Post a Comment