Saturday, April 18, 2015

project 52: week 32

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.

Joe took me on a back-stage tour of the fossil work room - I'm so excited for this summer's DIG School!

What's New?
I've accomplished less than half of my to-do list for spring break. At first this bothered me greatly, but when I thought back to how I've spent my time, I realize that it was indeed quite full, yet relaxing.

:: finished knitting my geology shawl (washed + blocked!)
:: bought a scanner, which allowed me to clear out a ton of paper
:: filed my taxes
:: cleaned the house
:: made beef & bacon pie for Game of Thrones night
:: visited with friends
:: graded science fair edits
:: canned lemonade concentrate
:: cleaned out and organized our hall closet
:: started re-planning our summer road trip (MT & WY instead of CA: think DIG School + Yellowstone)

Currently Reading
I've been splitting my time between A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness and Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. I've also just downloaded The Circle by Dave Eggers from the library. According to my Goodreads account, I've only read 14 books so far this year, which means this summer I'll have some catching up to do (and more time to read).

On the Needles
Since finishing my geology shawl, I've picked up some stash yarn and started another honey cowl. The yarn is leftover from my very first sweater, which I ruined the first time I washed it. It'll be so nice to get to wear something made from that yarn.

Looking Forward To

  1. sorting fossils
  2. weekly walk with Kristi

0 comments:

Post a Comment