Saturday, September 13, 2014

ready for autumn

The tree outside my classroom window is also ready for autumn.
I'm ready for autumn.

Summer is great. It really is. I'm a teacher and that means that summer is my time to garden, explore, and most importantly - to breathe.

But I'm not a summer person. I don't enjoy heat - I like rain and cool air. I don't know how to cook summer food - I'm a pro at soup and comfort food. And I don't know what to do with myself when I have no schedule. I know, cry me a river. There are worse problems to have. All I'm saying is that I eagerly welcome crisp air, rain, sweaters, hot soup, candles, watching the leaves turn, and everything else that speaks of autumn.

Of course, being a teacher, autumn also means the beginning of school. And while much of that is awesome (new beginnings, eager faces), I also struggle sometimes with the amount of stress that comes along with it.

So I'm going to take a page from my summer book and breathe. Just breathe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment