Saturday, September 20, 2014

project 52: week 2

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.

My small haul two weeks ago. This weekend I'll have three times as many, or more!
What's New?
I just got back from a whirlwind trip down to sunny California for my uncle's funeral. While the occasion wasn't very happy, it was immensely wonderful seeing family again. I got to meet some new people and see some faces I haven't seen in far too long. There were many hugs, laughs, and tears. There were children playing, asking questions, and telling strange stories as children do.

Currently Reading
I'm slowly working my way through these three books. It's slow-going not because I don't like them, but because I haven't had much time since school just started up.


  • The Secret Life of Trees by Colin Tudge
  • Adulting: How to Become a Grown-up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps by Kelly Williams Brown
  • The Origin of Satan: How Christians Demonized Jews, Pagans and Heretics by Elaine Pagels

  • On the Needles
    Still working on my Wood Hollow Vest in the round. Lots of cables, and lots to remember, but going well so far.

    Looking Forward To
    1. roasting tomatoes from my garden
    2. this autumn's first batch of butternut soup

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment