Saturday, September 13, 2014

project 52: week 1

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.

This crate has helped me stay organized so far. Each class has its own clipboard for seating charts, its own notebook, and a place for collected papers. I think this system is going to be one that I'll repeat every year.
 
While waiting for my second bus in the downtown tunnel, I spied this Link light rail train sporting an add for my college!
What's New?
I've just completed my first full week of the school year. So far I've ridden the bus 6 out of 8 days. My goal is to ride the bus as many days as possible. Partly for the environment, and partly for my afternoon sanity. While the morning commute is much faster by car, the evening commute is slow and aggravating. I've been able to listen to music, knit, and read blog posts on my phone. Next week I'll remember to bring my e-reader so I can finish a book. Last fall I read so many books thanks to the bus.

Currently Reading
  • The Secret Life of Trees by Colin Tudge
  • Adulting: How to Become a Grown-up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps by Kelly Williams Brown
  • The Origin of Satan: How Christians Demonized Jews, Pagans and Heretics by Elaine Pagels

On the Needles
I've restarted my Wood Hollow Vest so that I could knit it in the round. I also wanted to fix the honeycomb cable part (I was using a short-cut to avoid the cable needle, but it didn't look great). It's always sad to rip out a project (I was 6" into the front piece when I decided to start over), but fixing mistakes and starting fresh is always worth it in my opinion.

Looking Forward To
  1. going to the fair
  2. celebrating Kristi's birthday
  3. hugging Valerie

0 comments:

Post a Comment