Wednesday, February 19, 2014

skis & snow

What's New?



I went skiing with my students again as a chaperone for the ski bus program. This time I felt much more comfortable and confident, and I had a much better time. I was able to do 4 runs on the Holiday lift, whereas before I only did one.



We enjoyed a weekend snow that melted before Monday morning. I know folks out East are tired of seeing snow, but I do enjoy the way it blankets the Earth and makes everything look fresh and clean. Especially when I have nowhere to go, and it doesn't interfere with my work-week.



And last, but not least, these two cuddly cats.

Currently Reading
  • just finished A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin
  • began A Feast for Crows by George R. R. Martin

On the Needles
My honey cowl is about 4 inches wide and I'm almost finished with the first skein of yarn. I have one more to go before I run out of yarn. I've also made progress on my mitered-corner blanket kit. One quarter panel is complete, and I'm on square 8 (out of 25) on the second quarter panel. Both of these projects are good couch knitting - nothing terribly difficult and can easily be worked on while watching a show.

Looking Forward To:
  1. another four days of mid-winter break

0 comments:

Post a Comment