Sunday, June 2, 2013

tour of my garden

This post is mostly for my parents, who live much too far away to see my garden in person. 

I live in an apartment, so my garden is partly in containers, and partly in raised beds. Directly outside my door you'll find herbs that I use in the kitchen (two types of thyme, rosemary, parsley and chives). The long skinny container was just planted with a lettuce mix.

 

Next to the front door I have two types of tomatoes and a scrawny lingonberry bush I bought from the blueberry farm last year. It's pretty much the same size as it was last year.



Around the corner from my front door are two raised beds. They are surrounded by netting to discourage the neighborhood cats from using them as litter boxes. In the first bed I planted winter squash, leeks, broccoli, cucumber, kale, more chives, strawberries and carrots (clockwise from top left). I also planted some snap peas along the back that will eventually climb up the trellis.






In the second bed I planted celery, more kale (diff. variety), more broccoli (diff. variety), and pumpkin in the back row. The front row has green onions and more pumpkin. I left two spots open in the front row in case something strikes my fancy and I need a place to put it.



Well, there you have it. That's my apartment garden.

0 comments:

Post a Comment