Friday, June 14, 2013

across the finish line

What's New?
If you have a teacher in your life, you know that the school year is akin to a marathon race. Making it through June feels like you've crossed the finish line. Sometimes it's triumphant, sometimes it's nostalgic, and often it feels like you are dragging yourself across. No matter how well the school year goes, that last push to get to the end is often exhausting. And you know what? I think that's okay. I think it's just part of the process. Life has seasons, and the school year does as well. Fall is full of enthusiasm, hope and great expectations. Winter is the mid-point when many students finally come into their own and show improvement. And Spring is that last, often mad dash towards the lazy days of summer.

Currently Reading
  • Cinderella Ate My Daughter by Peggy Orenstein

On the Needles
I'm still working on my Leaflet cardigan, although this week I think I might have only knit 3 or 4 rows. Now that school is out I expect to make much more progress on my knitting.

Looking Forward To
  1. picking strawberries
  2. making jam

0 comments:

Post a Comment