Friday, March 29, 2013

a totem

 


What's New?
Joe and I have recently become members of the EMP/Sci-Fi museum. This past weekend we went to check out their Icons of Science Fiction exhibit, and were treated to a beautiful, sunny Spring day. Outside the EMP building I noticed this totem, which I hadn't seen before. Now, I don't visit the Seattle Center very often, so it was entirely possible that I had overlooked it, but I had a feeling it was new. Sure enough, it is the  totem memorial to a local native wood-carver who was tragically killed a couple years ago. It was installed a little over a year ago (which tells you how often I visit the Seattle Center). Here is a picture of it standing in front of the bizarre EMP building.




Currently Reading

  • Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt
  • Second Nature: A Gardener's Education by Michael Pollan

On the Needles
Sleeves, sleeves, sleeves. My purple and grey striped sweater still needs sleeves. This has just not been a good week for knitting. Also, the sun has been out much more than usual, the temperature is slowly rising, and so I'm not feeling the push to finish a long-sleeved wool sweater that I won't wear until Autumn.

Looking Forward To
  1. more sunny, Spring days
  2. taking a week off for Spring Break

0 comments:

Post a Comment