Saturday, October 25, 2014

project 52: week 7

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.



 What's New?
This week was HARD! So much to do to get caught up from being gone the previous week. So many meetings, emails, notebooks that needed grading, etc. It's no surprise to me that by Friday I was feeling sick. I left school at the same time the kids did (I never do that), went home, took medicine and slept for 12 hours straight. I fear this sickness will linger for a few more days at least.

Amidst all the hard, though, there were bright spots. I took my 6th graders to nearby Green Lake to collect water samples. My cats spent every morning cuddled on the bed, cute as buttons. We got some much-needed rain. The trees continue their slow progression to red, orange and yellow. I chatted with my cousin on the phone (a rare treat from 3,000 miles and a few time-zones away).

Currently Reading
  • The Fifth Sacred Thing by Starhawk
  • Rare Encounters with Ordinary Birds by Lyanda Lynn Haupt
  • The Witching Hour by Anne Rice

On the Needles
Working on a Hurricane Hat that I started while at Nature Bridge with my 8th graders. I'm dreaming of more hats for my niece and nephews for the winter holidays.

Looking Forward To
  1. spending time with friends
  2. picking up more apples from the farm for eating and saucing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment