Sunday, May 25, 2014

this year has been hard

I try not to post sad things here. I try to keep this space positive. Not because I want to hide the sad, but because when I look back here I want to be uplifted and inspired.

But this year has been hard.

I started a new job in a new school district.
I taught two grade levels instead of one.
I taught a new-to-me grade level.
I lost a former student to suicide.
My uncle got into a terrible auto accident, and will not recover.
My husband lost his job.
I lost a former student to a drive-by shooting.
I lost a former student to apparent suicide.
I have to completely pack up my room to move to a temporary building.
My classroom is a mess (didn't move in properly + packing up for the move = chaos).
I'm a mess (some days, thankfully not all).

Strangely I am very optimistic about next year, even as I can barely drag myself to work lately.

There are 18 more days. I can do this.

photo credit: West Seattle Blog

0 comments:

Post a Comment