Thursday, June 3, 2010

Baby Knits in Progress

What used to be an ever-elongating rectangle is now starting to take shape.


I'd still say I'm about half-way done, but at this point I can finally see what it will become.


This odd-shaped bit of yarn will eventually become a hooded sleep sack (or carrying bag, as Debbie Bliss calls it).


I'm thinking of lining it with some baby flannel, since it's not too thick. I picked some up at the store the other day, just in case.

What is currently on your knitting needles?


2 comments:

  1. Carrying bag? 'Yeah, just throw your baby into this here bag!'

    I looked online and unfortunately the duffel coat is only up to 12 months, so I'll have to find another pattern for the Grace-face. However, I still would like the pattern for the Grace-face sibling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a thought about the duffel coat. If you found thick yarn that you liked, and used bigger needles, you could make it the correct size. Would just take some initial math-work, but I think it's doable.

    ReplyDelete