Sunday, September 13, 2009

Flannel PJ Pants

After talking with my mom about the types of things my nephew will need this Fall and Winter, I decided that I would make him some pajama pants. Now, I've never made pajama pants, ever. Not even for adults. So the prospect of making some itty ones for my two-year-old nephew was a little daunting. But I always remind myself that each time I sew, I get better at it. And any mistakes I make can be remedied with my trusty seam ripper. Luckily this time, the seam ripper was not needed. Here's what I made:

From sewing projects

I found this cute lizard flannel at the store today. It's not flame-retardant, but after reading up on the pros and cons, I decided that it's okay. If my nephew ever finds himself in a burning bed, what he's wearing will be the least of his concerns. And if I can keep some icky chemicals away from his bare skin, I think I've done a good thing.

From sewing projects

The pants have an elastic waist, and some ribbon detail on the pant legs.

From sewing projects


I have two more pairs of pants to go, but I will save those for another day. One will have dinosaurs, while the other has jungle animals. This kid will be warm and cute, for sure.



0 comments:

Post a Comment