Sunday, January 15, 2017

Knit Goals for 2017

I'm going to take my friend Laura's advice about knitting, which is: knit whatever I want during the school year (includes starting as many projects as I'd like) and use the summer to focus on finishing knits. I think it's great advice, so that's what I'm going to do. I have enough sock yarn stashed that I can attempt to knit a pair each month. I've been thinking of alternating my variegated with solid yarn, so that I can do a simple vanilla pair one month, and a pattern the next. But I'm not going to hold myself to that. If I want to knit vanilla socks for the rest of this school year, that's fine too.


These are the knits that are either currently on the needles, or close to starting soon:
  • folded sweater top
  • bonney top (need to bind off and seam shoulders)
  • color affection shawl
  • cypress top
  • entangled vines cardigan (washed and blocked - needs buttons)
  • twigs & willows cardigan (need to restart sleeves with correct measurements)
  • lambing mitts - have yarn, not started
  • very close talking hat - ordered yarn, not started
  • force awakens hat - have yarn, not started
  • baable hat - have yarn, not started
By the end of the summer break, I hope to have at least 6 of those knits finished.

So, to sum up, my goals are:
  1. knit 12 pairs of socks in 2017
  2. finish at least 6 in-progress knits during the summer break

0 comments:

Post a Comment