Monday, July 10, 2017

summer knitting update

Goal: finish 6 in-progress knits before school starts


Here's what I found in my project bags:

folded sweater top
Looks like I started the sleeves, but didn't get very far. After the sleeves are knit, they are joined with the body (this is a bottom-up project).

bonney top
I think I just need to bind off and seam shoulders.


entangled vines cardigan
This one is washed and blocked, just needs buttons.

twigs & willows cardigan
I decided that I need to restart sleeves with correct measurements. I'm worried that they are going to be too tight, as is. It's kind of hard to tell, since they will be seamed. But my gut says to reassess, so I'm going to reassess. I would hate to finish this and not be able to wear it.

rosencrantz
This was a quick knit. I have the front & back complete, just need to seam it, and do a little neck and sleeve edging.

force awakens hat 
I got stuck when I needed to transfer from circulars to double-points, since I didn't have the correct size on hand. I've since purchased the correct needles. And now it's summer, so this has been on the back burner. I'd love to finish in time for fall gifting (this is going to my dear cousin Valerie who lives overseas now).

color affection shawl
This one is off the needles but needs to be blocked.

cypress top - frogged
I gave up. I know this is a gorgeous knit, as I've seen a sample, but I just don't have the patience. I'll find something else to do with the pretty yarn.

Some socks that are almost finished:
Yep, these are my very first socks. This is why I now knit two-at-a-time!
L-to-R: So Long 2016, Monuments & Blossoms, Dark Side stripes








































Still in the queue:

0 comments:

Post a Comment