Saturday, June 20, 2015

project 52: week 41

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.

I made my cats a sun-tent so they could enjoy the light and I could keep the house cool
What's New?
School's out for the summer! Of course I still need to go in next week for a training and to finish cleaning up my room... but I can start settling in to a different pace. Yesterday I helped Kristi pack up and move her classroom upstairs as part of a large reorganization process at her school. It was surprisingly refreshing to help someone else pack up after I have packed and moved my own classroom three years in a row. Next year I'll pack up and move again, as we transition into our new-new building.

Currently Reading
  • The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell

On the Needles
I started winding yarn for my Earth & Sky shawl. I bought three skeins of Madeline Tosh Pashmina for this shawl back in May, but I decided to wait until school was out to begin. Since I don't have a yarn swift/ball winder yet, and I bought this yarn online, I am winding it up myself. Winding yarn by hand without the aid of a swift definitely takes awhile, but I think it's a great anticipatory step in the process.

Looking Forward To
  1. sleeping in

0 comments:

Post a Comment