Saturday, June 6, 2015

project 52: week 39

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.


What's New?
On our walk last week Kristi and I came across this lovely patch of flowers. It used to be a stretch of grass, but now it buzzes with bees and butterflies. What a great way to change up a parking strip! Today I stumbled upon this article about a concerted effort to do more of this work - converting parking strips into pollinator gardens. I'm going to do some more research into this idea and plant some flowers in my garden to attract pollinators. Then I'll talk to my landlord about doing something similar to the parking strip in front of my apartment.

Currently Reading
I've been steadily working my way througThe Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert, and I am almost finished. With just one more week of school left, I am eagerly looking at my Goodreads lists with the intention of putting together a summer reading list.

On the Needles
I stopped by Pacific Fabrics yesterday on a whim. I was heading to another store for some staples and realized I would pass by the fabric store on the way. I am so glad I decided to stop because I found a lovely collection of summer fabrics (double gauze, cotton lawn, etc) and ended up buying a couple yards for yet another Wiksten Tank. I've been wearing my tanks as much as I can, all the while thinking critically about their fit, making alterations in my head. I really love how I am able to make small changes to the pattern to make it fit my body better.

Looking Forward To
  1. picking strawberries
  2. planting my garden

0 comments:

Post a Comment