Saturday, June 13, 2015

project 52: week 40

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.


What's New?
Last Saturday I went strawberry-picking with the intent to make jam the next day. And then it was a million degrees very hot in Seattle all week. And the cat had to go to the vet. Three days in a row. And now she's fine, of course. So today I get to venture into my fridge and assess the state of the berries. Maybe I'll make jam today? Or maybe I'll have a ton of rotting fruit to add to the compost? I certainly hope for the former. I want to make more strawberry balsamic jam this year since I did not make enough last year. Plus I kept giving those jars away. Silly me - I need to remember to save some for us.

In other news, due to the raging heat wave very hot weather I wore my four Wiksten tanks again this week. I realize that I have four handmade tops now, and not an entire handmade wardrobe, but those four tanks make me feel like a super-sewer. Especially since I love their fit, which I was able to customize, as well as the fabric. I have more fabric washed and waiting to be turned into another top. Maybe I'll try a Grainline scout tee? Or a Wiksten tova?

Currently Reading
I finished The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert, which I gave four stars on Goodreads. Last night I started The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell.

Looking Forward To
  1. finishing up the school year

0 comments:

Post a Comment