Tuesday, July 24, 2012

where have I been?


It seems I've taken a very long break from this space. My last post was in January, and it's already the latter-half of July! So what have I been up to (besides spending time with these adorable sisters?)?

I experimented with natural dyes for my spring eggs. Red cabbage is still my favorite (it makes blue).

Joe and I sometimes eat hard-boiled eggs as part of our breakfast. Since I love the look of dyed eggs, I decided to start dying my hard-boiled eggs all the time. Now I know when I reach into the fridge that the blue eggs are hard-boiled, while the white ones are not. It's especially helpful when I'm still half-asleep.

I went strawberry-picking with these three dear friends of mine. Along the way we found this old giant at a rest-stop along Interstate 5.


After many years of sewing, I finally organized my fabrics!


Now that my sewing space is more organized, I find myself sewing more often. This skirt, for example, used to be pants that had seen better days.


My local public library has seen quite a bit of me lately. I love the old brick building and its half-mile proximity to my apartment.


I recently returned from a two-week trip to Virginia where I visited with family. I love the first glimpse of the Cascade Mountains on the flight back. Seeing those snow-capped peaks reminds me how much I love living in the Pacific Northwest.


And while I love my whole family, this little man melts my heart.


0 comments:

Post a Comment