Wednesday, April 6, 2011

settling in, one room at a time

We moved a little over a week ago, and are getting settled in. It's quite overwhelming to pack up everything you own. It's even more overwhelming to unpack into a new space. Since I've had this week off from work I've been slowly going through boxes, deciding where to put things and how to best organize. Besides the necessities (where are my socks?!), I've found that making a space my own, complete with pictures on the walls, really helps me feel grounded.

I've been working on the kitchen space.







Not yet finished, but definitely coming along.
And those spice jars all lined up on their shelves? They make me smile.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the way you've organized your spices! I have the same issue you did with many different brands, and we're due to move soon, too, so I may have to use the inspiration you've provided to do something similar.

    ReplyDelete