Saturday, January 9, 2010

January Sunshine

As last winter was a cold, harsh and excessively snowy winter by Pacific Northwest standards, this winter is it's somewhat strange cousin. In the latter part of 2009 we experienced an arctic cold-snap that had me practically worshiping the moisture-wicking layers I purchased at REI the winter before (with the hopes of "going to the snow", forgetting that the snow was at my doorstep). During a single week we went from highs in the upper 40's to barely reaching 32 degrees, if at all.



Fortunately for my husband and me, that cold-snap disappeared just in time for our move. We've been back to more normal Seattle winter weather since then, filled with overcast days, drizzling rain, and temperatures reaching the high 40's.

But today the sun decided to show its warmth, and my kitties are thoroughly enjoying themselves.





0 comments:

Post a Comment