Monday, August 24, 2009

Wedding Presents

My good friends Molly and Trevor tied the knot at the end of July. For their handfasting I made them some fabric coasters, and my husband etched some pilsner glasses to match the leaf pattern on one of the fabrics. In addition to coasters, I agreed to make them a coffee table cover. I decided to give Molly some design input for the table cover. I let her choose which fabrics, and the basic layout. Here's what I came up with. First, the coasters:

From sewing projects


From sewing projects


And here's the table cover:

From sewing projects


A look at the quilting detail. I tried to match the Celtic theme of their engagement tattoos, and the spirit of their handfasting. Take a look:

From sewing projects


From sewing projects


A close-up of the back fabric:
From sewing projects

0 comments:

Post a Comment