Saturday, December 20, 2014

project 52: week 15

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.


What's New?
As you can see in the photo above, my kitties have greatly enjoyed the last few weeks since it has involved the heater turning on each morning. And that drying rack? That becomes a favorite spot, hiding under the tent of winter hats drying on a towel. I still need to send those hats off to their intended recipients, but I hit a bit of a wall. I was trying so very hard to get them in the mail by the 15th, and then I found out that they won't be opened until after Christmas (when the whole family will be able to gather). I sighed with relief and promptly took a break from all of the hurried tasks that still have to be done (I've only sewn two of the four gift bags). But now it's time to start up again and get those boxes in the mail.

Currently Reading
I'm making my way through the second Mayfair witch book, Lasher, by Anne Rice. My school librarian sent me home with a new dystopia book as well, but to be honest, I have quite a bit of writing I need to do for work so I may not get in as much reading as I'd hoped.

On the Needles
This past summer I bought three skeins of fancy fingering yarn as a treat for myself (kind of a "congratulations for surviving a very hard year" treat). All three were intended for shawls. I even had all three patterns picked out. But during the summer I ended up only knitting two of them, because I ran out of time. So, I picked up the third skein yesterday and started the third shawl.

Looking Forward To
  1. two weeks off for winter break
  2. holiday celebrations, big and small

0 comments:

Post a Comment