Saturday, November 15, 2014

project 52: week 10

What is Project 52? It's a little like Project 365, but instead of the goal of posting a photo each day, I'll post a photo or two each week along with a short update. Really I just need a little push to post something every week. Since I like to keep this space positive, posting every week forces me to look back and find something shiny to talk about (ten points if you get that reference). Some weeks that's a piece of cake. Other weeks it's more of a challenge, and those weeks give this task true meaning.


First weekday morning frost. The light shining through the window is from a security light, not the sun.
 What's New?
It's beginning to feel a lot like... deep autumn. We reached freezing temperatures at night this week, with daytime highs in the 40's. We're down to nine and a quarter hours of daylight (our shortest is about eight and a half). Our space-heaters are getting a workout. I set up our tiny crock pot for hot beverages (we alternate between spiced apple cider and mulled wine). All the blankets are on the bed. Cats are becoming more interested in laps and snuggles. Soup is becoming a prominent weekly meal.

Currently Reading
Still making my way through Anne Rice's The Witching Hour. I swear if I had a day off I would just sit and read until my eyes hurt! I'm about halfway through at this point, and I blame this book on my lack of sleep. My habit is to read in bed every night, even if it's just a paragraph. But since I started this book I read for hours before finally realizing that my wake-up time is drawing dangerously near. Still, it's a good problem to have.

On the Needles
I've picked up my Hue Shift Afghan again and am nearly finished with the second of four panels. It's a comforting knit, easy on the brain, perfect for television viewing.

This weekend I'm picking up some yarn for niece and nephew holiday hats, although I haven't decided on patterns yet. Here are some possibilities. I've knit both the Hurricane Hat, and the Barley before, and I really like both patterns. I think the Ear Flap Hat would be cute for my youngest nephew.

Clockwise from upper left (Hurricane Hat, Declan's Hat, Garter Ear Flap Hat, Barley). Photos from Ravelry.com
I'm also going flannel shopping this weekend so I can sew up some pajama pants for my niece and nephews. I started doing this almost yearly when my oldest nephew was young. Now I have four kiddos to sew and knit for (and soon to be five!).

Looking Forward To
  1. getting started on holiday projects
  2. a week off from school

0 comments:

Post a Comment