Monday, June 20, 2011

a tree

Much sweater progress has been made. First, I finished my February Lady Sweater. No pictures of that yet, but I have worn it a couple times with glee. Glee, I tell you. I simply can't wear that sweater and not feel incredibly proud of myself for finishing a project that seemed so out of my league. Especially since I love the way it turned out.

Anyway, the tree. Joe asked me to knit him a sweater using this tree pattern we found on livejournal. It's modeled after the Tree of Rohan from Lord of the Rings. I decided to put it on one of Elizabeth Zimmerman's hybrid sweaters. To tell you the truth, I am much more afraid of doing the shoulder shaping than I am of any part of this tree. The charts provided for it are very easy to follow, and I just love how the tree pattern emerges and gets more beautiful with each row.


My knitter-readers will probably notice that the bottom curls. Don't worry, I plan on adding a ribbed border once the body of the sweater is complete.








1 comment: